- About us
- Where we work
- Childhood deafness
- Learning from experience
- News and Events
- How you can help
- Our network
About Deaf Child Worldwide
Deaf Child Worldwide is the only UK based international development agency dedicated to enabling deaf children to overcome poverty and isolation.
Worldwide, there around 60 million deaf children, 80% of whom live in developing countries. In India alone, there are 3 million deaf children.We work with partners in the countries where need is greatest throughout the world and are the international development arm of the National Deaf Children's Society (NDCS).
We support the creation of local, national and global family-led movements to campaign for positive change for deaf children and young people.Deaf Child Worldwide is:
- a catalyst for change
- a means to empower families
- an advocate for deaf children’s rights
- a network of organisations and individuals committed to sharing information and learning
- working with partners on community-based projects for deaf children
- working with all types of organisations to include deaf children in their work.